Camp and Travel Australia
tips and hacks
BURKE AND WILLS - What Went Wrong?
The Burke and Wills Expedition didn’t go to plan. These two explorers set out, but unfortunately didn’t complete the expedition as they expected. Dayv has drawn from the experiences of this difficult trip to highlight how travellers can avoid making similar mistakes.
Australia is a harsh continent as shown in this great Vlog.
Never too young to travel!
Camp and Travel is proud to support Hema Maps and the release of their new GPS platform HX-2.
On top of this there’s a whole range of enhancements that brings the HX-2 to be the modern platform you’d expect, and rely upon, when out and about exploring Australia’s highways, roads and tracks.
Around the camp fire news
GET FOUND WITH DAYV
Never too old to travel!
the loadgood app
Do you know the affect on the car or trailer’s axles, or perhaps the ball weight, when:
- you move the family dog from the back seat to the rear part of the car?
- you put that carton of beer, the fridge, the extra spare tyre and the swag in the back of the ute?
- you remove a jerry of water from the drawbar?
- you place 3 bicycles on the back of your trailer?
Our LoadGood Post explains further. Click here
The ‘LoadGood’ App will help you:
- Calculate Ball load impact on the Car’s Rear Axle;
- Calculate your Car’s Multiplier for Ball to Car Rear Axle ratio;
- Calculate the impact on Ball and Trailer/Car Axle Loads of adding, removing or moving items in the Trailer;
- Calculate the impact on Car Axle Loads of adding, removing or moving items in the Car;
Once you’ve calculated the impacts on the axles, ball and the whole rig of adding, removing or moving these loads, you’ll be able to see how they can help you stay within safe / legal levels.
How do you weigh your car and trailer:
The spreadsheet provided explains further. Car and Trailer Loads Explained
Get the App – click here